Musings of CharPaula


Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Travel among the stars - always a dream

Travel among the stars. A friend asked if I could travel anywhere where would I go? Instantly an image of the night sky flashed and with great sorrow I realized my dreams of travel among the stars would always remain a dream. When growing up I always believed space travel would be commonplace and I would live among the stars. Today I doubt if humans will ever venture into the beyond. How did this happen? How did the sense of wonder and discovery disappear? Since the mysteries of the night sky are now shrouded by the lights of the big cities does anyone look to the sky in awe and wonder?

I still do. As a child my bedroom was filled with images of the night sky. Of course the images themselves were a mystery. The telescopes of my childhood did not deliver the clarity and true magnificence of the galaxy.

My favorite was Orion. The Hunter beckoned me and I wished I could go.

Orion the hunter, the Light of Heaven poster or print
Sword of Orion Poster, print and more


I am not the only one that Orion has beckoned. Orion is the name of the shuttle fleet replacement. Until the official announcement next week Orion is shrouded in mystery

Technorati:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home