Musings of CharPaula


Sunday, August 13, 2006

Did you ever notice how real life interferes with your planned schedule? It is especially true when you work at home. All my work on my AlienTees.com site has gone on hold....

I got a phone call from a friend whose daughter is getting married next month. Her future son-in-law had ordered gifts for all the male members of the wedding party. They just arrived, but there is a major mistake in the engraving. Tinas' daughter is Ilene - all the engraving is Irene. Tod contacted the company and they were very nice...yes just send the order back and they will redo it or if he prefers refund his money. He waited almost a month for the original order and is really worried if he orders a replacement, its wrong too, it will be too late to get it corrected.

I really can't understand why the entire process should take so long. I did a bit of Googling. The result is my holiday and special occasion web site Lebeauchat.com now has Bridal Party engravable gifts section. I just had the fun Bridal Party stuff. My favorite was a play on the Runaway Bride -


Runaway bride - no way

But Tods' experience made me realize there is a need for more than the fun Bridal Party stuff. The engravable items I found, well I was truly amazed at not only the great products, but the fact they are usually engraved and shipped within 3 business days. Here are my favorite picks (but I have to admit with so many choices I had trouble picking)...

For a fun gift for the male members of the wedding party

Engraved Silver Plated Yo Yo - $ 21.24

Retail Price: 24.99
You Save: $3.75



or something a bit more practical


Engraved Golf Clock Key Chain - $ 21.24

Retail Price: 24.99
You Save: $3.75


I never knew there were so many different Zippo lighters or that they could be engraved. But how many people smoke any more? Oh right, the occasional cigar to celebrate special occasions. So I'm not sure a lighter is very practical, but they sure are attractive...okay I think alot of them are very sexy. Do you agree?


Zippo Black Ice Eagle Lighter - $ 25.46

Retail Price: 29.95
You Save: $4.49


So, Tod has decided to return and get a refund. He placed an order thru Lebeauchat.com. I can't tell you what he ordered, cause that would just ruin the gift for all the guys in the wedding party. But he should have the order this week. Which if there are any problems gives plenty of time before the big day to get them fixed.

Course I did suggest to Tina her daughter could change her name to Irene :)

Maybe this week I'll get AlienTees finished??

Technorati:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home